Imagine being stuck in traffic or waiting at a red light in your gas-powered car. While you may be unaware of the harmful greenhouse gases emitted by your car, the consequences are still felt throughout the world. Nonetheless, there is still some hope for the planet thanks to electric cars. Apart from being eco-friendly, electric vehicles are surprisingly affordable and are becoming more prevalent in India and other parts of the world.
With the growth of EVs globally, there has been a subsequent increase in demand for charging solutions. Let's dive in and learn everything about the EVCS.
An electric vehicle charging station connects electric cars and plug-in hybrids to a power source. Some charging stations offer advanced features like smart metering, cellular connectivity, and network connectivity, while others are more basic. With the rising wave of EVs, different companies are providing improved charging solutions.
While it is fairly certain that electric vehicles will eventually supplant gasoline and diesel vehicles, investing in the grid now raises numerous questions. Among them is Why Is It Critical To Invest In The Right Electric Vehicle Charging Solution?
1. Achieve a seamless EV Charging experience: With EV Charging Solutions available at home, the office, the mall, hotels, retail outlets, and public locations.
2. Avoid dealing with multiple parties: Customized end-to-end solutions based on your requirements - backend power infrastructure, EV chargers supporting multiple charging standards, charger installation, and annual maintenance, charger management software platform subscription, and mobile application.
3. Partake in India's EV Charging Ecosystem: Utilize the mobile app to gain access to the growing network of Public EV Charging Stations located throughout the country. Relax and enjoy your EV ride regardless of the destination.
You can think of charging your electric vehicle as similar to charging your cell phone. Yes! While some people charge their phones overnight, others charge them during the day. And others make use of chargers wherever they can – in their car, at home, at the airport. Like charging your phone, there are several ways to charge your EV.
Level 1—Home Charging
Level 2—Home and Public Charging
Level 3—DC Fast Charging and Public Charging
You're probably wondering how long it takes to recharge. To be sure, the amount of time required to recharge is dependent on two factors: the amount of energy consumed and the charger's power output.
While the cost of charging an EV varies depending on your local utility and the availability of charging stations at your residence. Some stations are free, others can cost more than double the price of home charging.
Choosing the appropriate solution is contingent upon your requirements. It could be a solution for Fleet Organizations that provides intelligent, secure, and innovative charging solutions for their fleets. Or Offices and Workplaces by preparing your business to go electric. EVCS also provides a solution for malls and hotels, ensuring that EV driving customers visit the mall more frequently. Lastly, with the Homes & Housing Societies solutions, you can charge your EV right from the comfort of your home.
Every Electric vehicle comes equipped with a portable charger as standard. (This thick cable that connects the car to a wall outlet counts as a charger.) Each manufacturer, however, offers a unique unit with varying levels of charging capability. However, if you determine that the supplied charger is insufficient for your daily charging needs, you'll need to consider a number of factors before deciding on the best electric vehicle charger for you.
1. Price: Ranging in price from $200 to more than $1,000.
2. Plug-in or Hardwired: Plug-in units allow for easy removal, while hardwired chargers are permanently attached to the wall and must be disconnected and removed by an electrician.
3. Length: A 20 feet cable is recommended.
4. Features: Smart EV chargers include apps that enable owners to manage charging sessions, monitor real-time charging, start/stop charging sessions, schedule charging sessions, and set up reminders to charge.
5. Power Delivery: Your EV charger should be capable of delivering at least 32 amps (7.7 kW) to the vehicle, and ideally 40 amps (9.6 kW). Make sure, you'll future-proof your garage by purchasing the appropriate charger today.
6. Safety-Certified with a 3-Year Warranty
KAZAM charging stations will enable EVs to be on the move 24 hours a day! Additionally, it will aid in the establishment of a network of effective charging stations. The Kazam API platform enables you to easily build a custom mobile application or integrate one into an existing mobile application. Kazam understands the critical nature of providing the best possible customer experience. To know how, visit: .
Look out for more details about EV Charging Solutions in Part 2.