It is the capital of the province of Bihar (India), also known as Pataliputra since ancient times. Patna is one of the oldest cities in the world, situated near the south bank of the holy river Ganges. Patna is also a religious place for followers of Buddhism and Jainism, where pilgrimage centres such as Vaishali, Rajgir or Rajgriha, Nalanda, Bodh Gaya, and Pavapuri are located. The tenth Guru of Sikhism, Gobind Singh was born in Patna itself, so Patna is also a very holy place for Sikhs. It is said that earlier it was called Pataliputra, then Sher Shahsuri ruled over Patna and named it Patna after the goddess Patni. The world's longest road bridge is located in Patna which is 5575 meters long, it is known as Mahatma Gandhi Setu. The taste of Litti-Chokha from some street food stalls in Patna, Bihar has spread to foreign countries. It is very much liked by foreign tourists. Patna is easily accessible by air, road, rail. One can go to Patna by Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan Airport. Patna Junction can also be reached from Patna Junction Railway Station. The city is also easily accessible by road service. The ideal time to explore and enjoy the beauty of Patna is from October to March.
With 350 electric scooters hitting the road every month, EV adoption in Patna is increasing day by day
The trend towards using electric vehicles is growing rapidly across the country. E-scooters are generally considerably cheaper than traditional vehicles. More than 350 electric vehicles are sold every month in Patna. The national demand for electric motorcycles is also higher than expected. That is why the companies are aggressively opening showrooms in the countryside. Depending on the demands and needs, the official dealer is not able to make available e-scooters for the public at the expected time. Jai Prakash, Ltd., director of Ampere e-scooter, said that sales of e-scooters have soared in recent days due to the availability of electricity in rural areas of the state. He said sales had tripled as a result of technological advances in the electric scooter sector, enhanced consumer satisfaction, and a continued rise in petrol prices. At the same time, according to the requests of companies, the waiting time for high-speed cars on the market is about 20-25 days. Head of Sneha Auto (Hero Electric), Sushant Shekhar said many consumers are buying electric bicycles and scooters because of rising petrol prices and government subsidies. The company is currently offering cars for presale due to increased demand over several months. He said that the price of electric scooters in the market of Patna is between Rs 50,000 and 125,000. Amarjit Singh, CEO of Deni TVS, said the electric bicycles and scooters demand in the state is growing faster than expected. With that in mind, there are several e-bikes launching day by day in the market. Depending on the need, the charging station should be located at the main location and outside the fuel pump.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Patna
1. Uznaka Charging Station
Address: Jct, Siraj Dokadia Rd, Budh Vihar, Fraser Road Area, Patna, Bihar 800001
Uznaka Solutions Private Limited is a high-tech private company wholly owned by its employees. Uznaka offers the highest quality electric vehicle charging stations and chargers for all types of vehicles. The Bharat AC-001 Charger is designed and manufactured according to the standards set by the Government of India. Uznaka provides AC and DC charging stations that meet Indian government standards. An AC charging station is a station that can charge any type of electric vehicle with any battery configuration using an external vehicle charger. The TA DC charging station is a fast-charging station that charges your vehicle without the need for a special external charger. A power connection (CCS / CHAdeMO level) is used to charge the vehicle's battery. The DC charger can also be used to quickly charge cars and large vehicles.
2. Tata Charging Station
Address: Khagaul Rd, Balaji Nagar, Balaji Nagar, Danapur Nizamat, Mobarakpur-Raghurampur, Patna, Bihar 801503
Tata Power EV ecosystem is expanding in many cities in India. TATA power is the company's safest and most secure electric vehicle charging network which includes 1) different cost standards and specifications, 2) different electric vehicle manufacturers and models, 3) public electric vehicle cost, electric vehicle cost, and more. It also supports multiple-use issues and analyzes costs for electric vehicle charging stations for homes and business premises. Search on Google Maps for more TATA EV charging stations in Bhubaneswar.
The Bihar government took steps way ahead of any other state in regards to the electric vehicle industry. The government took some steps to reduce air pollution caused by traditional vehicles, generate employment and increase knowledge about EV's among people.
Bihar Electric Vehicle Policy (2019)
- Charging infrastructure everywhere malls, societies, public parking, railway stations and even at petrol pumps.
- Provides Demand Incentives to electric busses,4-wheeler, plug-in hybrid and strong hybrid (SHEV), 3-wheeler and 2-wheeler. (3-year comprehensive warranty to be included from the manufacturer)
- Focused on e-rickshaws and public transports.
- Charging infrastructure shall be created at all major govt offices and 'Rain Baseras' for rickshaw pullers.
- The policy is valid for 5yers from the date of notification.
- 100% exemption on road tax and registration fees (electric) and 50% for strong hybrid vehicles.
- Proper and advanced Information, Education and Communication Program (IEC) will be put into practice by the transport department to increase advancement and awareness of e-mobility.
Amendment to Bihar Industrial Investment Promotion Policy (2016)
- Made for inclusion of the EV sector under high priority.
- Mission to bring 100% e-mobility by 2030.
- Convert traditional rickshaws to e-rickshaws by 2022.
- Make Bodh Gaya and Rajgir 100% EV city/no emission zone.
- Install normal, fast charging, swapping stations at every 25 Km on state highways/national highways in the state and every 3 km in the city.
- Provide incentives on the demand side, supply-side and manufacturers side too.
- Bihar Government will encourage PP for installing chargers and shall support EV charging service providers with electricity connections, an extension of supply and any other connectivity issues.
- Minimum Investment of 200 Cr. on Research and Development.
Top 5 Electric Scooter of India in 2022
1. Ola S1 And S1 Pro (OLA Electric S1 price- Rs 99,999 and the S1 Pro price- at Rs 1,21,999)
2. Ather 450X (Price- Rs 1.32 lakh)
3. Simple One (Price- Rs 1.09 lakh)
4. Bajaj Chetak Electric (Price- Rs 1.44 lakh)
5. TVS iQube (Price- Rs 1.15 lakh)