Top 5 Electric Cars in the Indian Market
The world is celebrating the advancement of technology. This technology brings you a list of all the electric cars you can buy in India and contribute to your fragment in reducing air pollution. Having an EV car leads to long-term savings. It is essential to be aware of your expenditure for food, livelihood across maintenance when compared to fossil fuel-powered cars.
Though electric cars are not without expenses, the biggest maintenance would of a battery pack. It will gradually lose its capability to hold a charge when it begins to wear out. However, Lithium-ion batteries do not lose themselves so simple that their range estimates more than 100,000 miles (160934 kilometres) while maintaining stable driving.
TATA NEXON EV
The Nexon EV was launched on January 28, 2020. As per the news, it is the best-selling electric passenger vehicle. To increase the adoption of EVs in India, Tata Motors introduced an e-mobility ecosystem also ‘Tata uniEVerse’ to closely support the strengths and experience of Tata Group companies to establish a viable EV environment.
- Tata Nexon EV is available with Automatic transmission.
- It is a 5-seater and the vehicle measures a marvellous length of 3993mm, a width of 1811mm, and a wheelbase of 2498mm.
- Standout features are 7-inch TFT driver information.
- The electric motor produces power of 129PS.
- A Li-ion battery with 30.2kW high energy density and electric torques speaks out by 245Nm.
- It has multi-drive modes such as drive and sports.
- The estimated regular charging time (SOC 10% to 90% from any 15A plug) is 8.5 hours and, the estimated fast charging time is 60mins. Range of 312km per charge.
- The Battery Warranty of 8years and vehicle warranty of 3years
- It comes with three models: XM Plus (Electric basic model) with Rs. 13.99 lakh and XZ+ with 15.4lakhs and XZ+ LUX with Rs. 16.4lakhs.
TATA TIGOR EV
Tata Tigor EV comes with a sedan body type with three variants Tigor EV XE PLUS, XM PLUS, XT PLUS which, ranges from 10.58lakhs, 10.74lakhs, 10.89lakhs respectively. It has marvellous features that make it different from other electric vehicles in India.
- It is powered by a 21.5kWh battery pack with a battery cooling system.
- Charging time of 11.5hr at 220V and range 213 km per charge.
- The electric motor produces 40bhp of power and torque of 105Nm.
- The vehicle measures length of 3992mm, a width of 1677mm, and a height of 1537mm with a wheelbase of 2450mm.
- It comes equipped with ABS and dual airbags (driver airbag only for XE) as standard features and a 5-inch touch screen.
- The standard warranty of 3years or 1.25 lakh km
- The colour variants available are Pearlescent White, Egyptian Blue, and Roman Silver.
Kona has given the power-packed performance with providing a thrilling driving experience with high acceleration SUVs over long distances. The wonderstruck features make it unique.
- The vehicle measures 4180mm in length, 1800mm in width, and 1570mm in height with a wheelbase of 2600mm.
- It is equipped with a Li-ion of 39.2kWh battery capacity with a driving range of 452km per charge and charging time of 6hours 10mins with AC Charging and 57mins with DC charging at 50kW.
- The electric motor produces 134.1PS and maximum torque of 395Nm.
- The standard warranty of 3 years/unlimited km.
- The colour variants available are White, Blue, phantom black, silver.
- It prices from Rs. 23.8lakhs (ex-showroom price).
Mahindra e-Verito, a sedan body was launched on 2nd June 2016 at Low-Cost Maintenance along with absorbing Government Incentives. Mahindra provides us e-Vertio in two variants D2 and D6.
- The vehicle measures 4247mm in length, 1740mm in width, and 1540mm in height with a wheelbase of 2630mm.
- It is equipped with a Li-ion battery capacity of 288Ah and a 21.2 onboard power.
- The certified range of 181km, with a 110km/hr. driving range and a top speed of 86kmph.
- The battery can be charged 100% in 11hr 30mins, while fast charging takes only 1hr 30 minutes.
- The electric motor produces 41.5PS and maximum torque of 91Nm@3000r/min.
- The additional features of the Front disc brake, rear drum, park braking manual, and electric-hydraulic steering makes it easy to drive.
- The standard warranty of 3years.
- The colour variants available are Diamond White and Desat Silver.
- The price ranges between Rs. 10.5 Lakh – 10.49 Lakh.
Some of the marvellous features offered by the Government are:
- Low Cost of Maintainance: Zero-combustion model means very few chances of failure and lower cost of maintenance.
- Government incentives: As government believes in a greener country and aims for a zero-emission car which is the future solution and thus, rewards tax exemptions.
- Low Running Cost: The running cost of E-verito is Rs. 1.15/km, which beats the price of the present running cars.
MG ZS EV
MG Motor India announced the launch of the MG ZS EV on 8th February 2021. Isn’t it interesting to see what all features are attached to the electric SUV? Since, it is already packed, with the 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, etc. Let’s get into the details.
- The vehicle measures 4314mm in length, 1809mm in width, and 1620mm in height with a wheelbase of 2585mm.
- It is equipped with a Li-ion battery of 44.5 kWh, water-cooled, driving range of 419km per charge.
- The battery can be charged up to 80% in 6-8hr with an AC fast charger, while a DC super-fast charger takes only 50 minutes.
- The electric motor produces 142.76PS and maximum torque of 353Nm.
- The standard warranty of 5years/unlimited km.
- The colour variants available are Currant Red, Ferris White, and Copenhagen Blue.
- The updated model is available in two variants: Excite priced at Rs 21 lakh and Exclusive at 24.18 lakh.
Can’t find your fit?
We at Kazam care for our pro EV shoppers and provide them with complete EV solutions. From range, financial aspect, space concerns to the battery and charging solutions. Book your appointment now! For more information, visit Kazam EV at https://www.kazam.in/ or send us a message at our social handles Kazam EV, and we will get back to your kazamly!