Maharashtra's Electric Vehicle Policy
Electric Vehicle (EV) technology is considered globally to be the game changer in transportation sector. It offers advantages such as eco-friendliness, cheaper fuel-cost, lower maintenance expenses, energy efficient and increased safety. Global industry, governments and early movers have successfully demonstrated that EV is practical, sustainable, safe and affordable. United Nations (UN) aims to promote EV under its sustainable development agenda for 2030. Government of India (GOI) plans to make India an 'electric vehicle nation' by 2030.
Maharashtra - a globally competitive state for Electric Vehicle and component manufacturing, and maximize adoption of EV in Maharashtra.
To place Maharashtra amongst the most preferred investment destinations for global investors through promotional strategies combined with developing a competitive and sustainable investment environment, thereby making Maharashtra as one of the most favored economic magnet and center of attraction for EV.
• To develop Maharashtra as the leader in EV manufacturing and use of EV.
• To create newer employment opportunities.
• To promote export of EV, components, battery and charging equipment's.
• To promote R&D, innovation and skill development in EV Sector.
• To promote sustainable transport system.
• Increase number of EV registered in Maharashtra to 5 lacs.
• To generate an investment of Rs.25,000 crores in EV, EV manufacturing and component manufacturing, battery manufacturing/assembly enterprises and charging infrastructure equipment manufacturing in the state.
• To create jobs for 1,00,000 persons.
STRATEGIC DRIVERS OF THE POLICY
• Promotion of adoption of EV technology: To increase the viability of EV by way of providing fiscal and non-fiscal incentives.
• Promotion of creation of dedicated infrastructure for charging of EVs: Through subsidization of investment.
• Promotion of R&D and Innovation: To promote the establishment of Research & Development Centers and Center of Excellence across the state.
The policy will be valid for Five years from the date of issue of relevant government resolution.