Hyundai and Kia likely to launch 6 EV by 2024
The electric vehicle market is the fastest evolving and highly sensational industry nowadays with the government showing interest that the industry has reached new heights. To boost the sales of EV the government has brought new measures and schemes to uplift the sector. These initiatives of the government are also attracting the private players and with that set, this article is modeled to showcase how the government and the EV players are going hand in hand to bring EV revolution in the country. Grabbing the opportunity to capitalize on the market Hyundai, a South Korean brand, and Kia will be introducing a series of Electric Vehicles in India.
Kona EV is a product of Hyundai and the first EV that was introduced in India and it has outperformed other EV brands in India.
What are the companies planning?
Both Hyundai and Kia will dispatch three new EVs each by 2024. The brands will share R&D and stages to reduce the expense of assembling and dispatch the EVs at cutthroat costs. This system of sharing innovation has recently been utilized by the brands in ICE models: Venue-Sonnet and Creta-Seltos.
The list of EVs to be introduced under this agreement will be Hyundai Kona Facelift (2022), Kia EV6 (2022), Kia e-Niro (2023), Hyundai Ioniq 5 (2023), and Mass Market EVs by Kia and Hyundai that could come by 2024.
Technical specifications of Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV 6
1. Hyundai Ioniq 5 is expected to launch in India by 2023 as completely built units, while Kia EV6 will launch in 2022.
2. The wheelbase of the Ioniq will be 3000 m and the Kia EV6 will be 2900 m.
3. The vehicles will come with a two-wheeler drive.
4. A 58kWh battery backup with a horsepower of 170hp and a torque of 350 Nm.
5. The performance output of the Ioniq will be 301hp and 321 in the Kia EV6.
6. Kia EV6 will also have an additional high-performance GT version and clock up 585hp.
7. Both EVs will share a common E-GMP platform.
Technical specification of Hyundai Kona EV and Kia e-Niro
1. The Kona EV will hit the roads by 2023 while the dates of Niro are still laying in the year 2023.
2. Both EVs will be brought to India as complete Knocked Down units(CKD).
3. EVs will have two battery options.
4. The smaller battery pack is 39.2kWh and will produce a maximum output of 136 Ps. On the other hand, the larger battery pack of 64kWh will produce a maxim output of 204Ps.
5. The claimed range of Kona EV will be 305-484 km whereas e-Niro will vary from 289-455 km on a single full charge.
The companies are planning to produce a low-cost EV in India with a range of Rs. 15 Lakh competing with Tata Nexon in the Indian market.
Who are we?
Feel free to investigate, track down your fit - how you can help the country in improving as a spot to live. For more data like this, follow Kazam EV! We care for our ace EV customers and give them complete EV arrangements from range, monetary viewpoint, space worries to the battery, and charging equipment. Book your arrangement now! For extra data, visit Kazam EV at https://www.kazam.in/or send us a message at our social handles Kazam EV, and we will return to your kazamly!