Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Patna
Are you looking for an EV charger for personal use, as a dealership (point-of-view), building an EV charging station or, want to enhance your knowledge? We got your back! Yes, you landed on the right page. Below you'll find all the related information about EV charging stations in Patna, India.
Types of Electric Vehicle Chargers
There are three main types of EV Chargers – rapid, fast, and slow. Measurement of power is in kilowatts (kW).
Take note these represent the power outputs and therefore charging speeds, possible to charge an EV. Each charger variant has an associated set of connectors designed for low- or high-power use and either AC or DC charging. There are 3-charge point types and various connectors.
These are the fastest charger for any EV, usually located at locations close to main routes in the country. The devices provide high power direct current (DC) or alternating current (AC) to recharge a car as rapidly as attainable. Two main types are Rapid DC Chargers & Ultra-Rapid DC Chargers.
These are Type-2 AC Chargers. Fast chargers, rated at either 7 kW or 22 kW (single- or three-phase 32A). Charging times vary on unit speed and the vehicle, but a 7 kW charger will recharge a compatible EV with a 40 kWh battery in 4-6 hours and a 22 kW charger in 1-2 hours. Fast chargers tend to be at locations such as car parks, shops, supermarkets, or leisure centres, where you are likely to be parked for an hour or more.
These are the most commonly available chargers in the Indian market. Power output is 3 kW – 6 kW, electric cars will charge between 8 - 12 hours. You will have to keep your car overnight to charge it completely. To find out more about the types of electric vehicles charging stations in India, kindly visit our blogs.
For - Investors
How to set up a Charging Station in Patna?
Are you thinking of investing in an EV charging station and installing one at any desired location (of business, home, mall, shop)? Below you will find all the information you need:
- Kind of Use: Commercial, Personal or Dealership
- Type of Charger: Alternating Current (AC Chargers) for 2-wheelers, 3-wheelers and 4-wheelers or Direct Current (DC Chargers) for some 2-wheelers and all 4-wheelers.
- Meter: Your current meter. In some cases, you need to increase the power (load capacity) of your meter. It is possible to increase the power load capacity by contacting the power supplier department.
- Space Requirement: The chargers are small in dimensions. Yet, you require a place where the electric vehicle can stand (ideally a parking space).
- Options: Various companies provide dealerships, charging station services and more.
Electric vehicle charging infrastructure, there could be four types of charging infra, viz., domestic, public charging, commercial and common facility for users of the property. In Patna, the government made the first move by installing six public chargers in January 2020 at Patna Junction and Patliputra Junction (PJ). There are charges from Tata Nexon EV, Okinawa, Kazam and other vehicle chargers available in Patna. One needs to be at par with the Bharat EV policy in which it states the types of Electric Vehicle chargers, technical aspect and the requirements to set up chargers. Common charging points in residential areas, societies, bus depots, public parking areas, railway stations and fuel pumps etc. will be allowed and Development Control Rules (DCR) of all local self-Government & Special Planning Authorities will be suitably modified to allow for setting up of common public charging facilities in parking areas of malls, residential properties & parking areas etc. Petrol Pumps too will be allowed to set up charging stations freely after it qualifies the fire and safety standards. It costs from 12,000 INR to 15 Lakhs. (Depending on the home charger or public charging station)
1. I think petrol pumps will install it too, then why should I install one?
Citizens will not go to petrol pumps as they do not have additional facilities such as waiting areas, malls, offices, shopping places, entertainment attractions near them. Time is the key to success no one would prefer to wait at the petrol station.
2. What price can I sell it on?
As of now, the government didn't have any rule or regulation on the amount you can charge from your clients per electricity unit. It is totally up to you how much you want to sell the customer per unit, but we'll suggest you not keep it too high.
3. Can I get depreciation on the charging station as I am a commercial owner?
Yes, as the charger is a capital investment, you can depreciate it over a few years.
4. Any Subsidy on chargers?
The subsidy is only on electric vehicles.
5. Any tax benefit?
There is a tax benefit on interest on loans for buying electric vehicles (EV) but not charging stations.
Now that you got answers to your questions and queries you should go ahead and install one! We at Kazam offer all of these services in one visit.
For - EV Owners
What EV charging station companies will you find in your city?
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Future Autocraft
- Hop Motors (Green India Motors)
- Kazam EV Chargers
- Manzil (Patna Junction)
- Okinawa Chargers at Outter Patna
- Parth e-rickshaw sale and service Patna
Nearest Charging Station?
Wondering which will be the nearest charging station to you? Check it out below on the screen.
From - The Government
The Bihar government took steps way ahead of any other state in regards to the electric vehicle industry. The government took some steps to reduce air pollution caused by traditional vehicles, generate employment and increase knowledge about EV's among people.
Bihar Electric Vehicle Policy (2019)
- Charging infrastructure everywhere malls, societies, public parking, railway stations and even at petrol pumps.
- Provides Demand Incentives to electric busses,4-wheeler, plug-in hybrid and strong hybrid (SHEV), 3-wheeler and 2-wheeler. (3-year comprehensive warranty to be included from the manufacturer)
- Focused on e-rickshaws and public transports.
- Charging infrastructure shall be created at all major govt offices and 'Rain Baseras' for rickshaw pullers.
- The policy is valid for 5yers from the date of notification.
- 100% exemption on road tax and registration fees (electric) and 50% for strong hybrid vehicles.
- Proper and advanced Information, Education and Communication Program (IEC) will be put into practice by the transport department to increase advancement and awareness of e-mobility.
Amendment to Bihar Industrial Investment Promotion Policy (2016)
- Made for inclusion of the EV sector under high priority.
- Mission to bring 100% e-mobility by 2030.
- Convert traditional rickshaws to e-rickshaws by 2022.
- Make Bodh Gaya and Rajgir 100% EV city/no emission zone.
- Install normal, fast charging, swapping stations at every 25 Km on state highways/national highways in the state and every 3 km in the city.
- Provide incentives on the demand side, supply-side and manufacturers side too.
- Bihar Government will encourage PP for installing chargers and shall support EV charging service providers with electricity connections, an extension of supply and any other connectivity issues.
- Minimum Investment of 200 Cr. on Research and Development.
In the News
In Jan 2021, the 2-EV's charging station of East Central Railway was installed. In August 2019, Sanjay Kumar Agarwal (IAS, Commissioner Patna Division, Secretary Transport Dept, M.D. Bihar State Road Development Corp at Government of Bihar) said "EESL will set up 10 direct currents (DC) charging stations in various parts of Patna. Electric vehicle owners can use domestic charging points as well. However, for fast charging, they should use charging stations." There are many more tiny developments in Patna for electric vehicles and the infrastructure.
Let Us Make Renewable Mobility Accessible to All with Kazam EV Chargers
You are ready to make Renewable Mobility Accessible to All - now that you got informed with the information regarding the type of electric vehicle charging stations, electric vehicle chargers near you, the Government views and more in your state!
Kazam was launched in 2020, with the mission to make renewable mobility accessible to all! No electric vehicle owner should have range anxiety while driving an EV. They should always feel at ease with regularized infrastructures. The founders' duo forms an excellent mix of Early-Stage startups, multinational corporations & international experience. Our offices are in Gurugram, Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore. We make it possible for you to have accessible charge stations. The AC Chargers are reasonable and are IoT enabled, affordable and universal. We provide tailor-made solutions to various sectors and industries such as manufacturing units, offices, workplace, hospitality, apartment, entertainment, retail and more. With great pride, the chargers are manufactured in house by IITians. It is a Made in India product for green tech-friendly Indian customers. These chargers can charge every electric bike, electric scooter, and electric car.
Go ahead and explore, find your fit - how you can assist the country in becoming a better place to live. Didn't find the right fit for you? We at Kazam care for our pro EV shoppers and provide them with complete EV recommendation solutions. We will assist you in finding your perfect EV! From range, financial aspect, space concerns to the battery and charging solutions. Book your appointment now! For more information, visit Kazam EV at https://www.kazam.in/ or send us a message at our social handles Kazam EV, and we will get back to your kazamly! Join the Kazam family and make the world a tech-eco friendly place!
Let's give Patna an e-Mobility push!